Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Looking for Hope

One of the most difficult parts of this pandemic for me is the prohibition against being with other people. While I am so thankful that I have a home and a family and jobs that allow me to work from home, I miss being able to gather with other people for worship and socialization. (Even though I'm an introvert, I do enjoy being with other people sometimes!!) I highly value community, and I am missing that a lot. Online meetings are good, and the best we can do right now, but I miss being in the physical presence of others.

But there's something going on that makes me feel better and reminds me that community still happens, even if it doesn't look like what I'm used to. I have no idea where this started, but I am loving the hearts that people are putting up in their windows. It makes me feel like we might all be connected, even from our own separate spaces. Even though I don't know the people who live in these houses, I am thankful that they would tape up paper hearts in their windows, that they would reach out to the rest of the world in this little way. It gives me hope. It makes me feel like we are together, even though we're apart right now.


How are you finding hope right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment